Young Women’s Leadership Academy Primary at Page
Building upon the success of the Young Women’s Leadership Academy, YWLA Primary will be SAISD’s first all-girls, college-preparatory, K-5 school with a focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math), leadership development, and social-emotional learning. YWLA Primary will offer girls an environment wherein they can learn at an accelerated rate, experience hands-on STEAM projects, and cultivate their leadership. Opening in August 2019 with grades kindergarten and 1st, the school will ultimately become a full K-5 program with a grade phased in each year. YWLA Primary will be open to all girls in Bexar County who are eligible to enter kindergarten or 1st grade in August of 2019. Admission for YWLA will be based on a lottery system.
- YWLA Primary will serve to empower girls and prepare them for success in a challenging, nurturing and inclusive learning environment
- YWLA will integrate a curriculum path that allows students to focus deeply on courses directly related to science, technology, engineering, arts and math to better prepare them for college and careers
- At YWLA Primary, there will be a focus on self-awareness, emotional health, persistence and resilience
AVID, Gifted & Talented, Leadership Focus, Social-Emotional Learning • STEAM • Art, Choir, Dance, Theatre • Special Education: PBIS
YWLA Primary is hosting Parent Information Sessions at the following locations:
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 | 10-11 AM | YWLA Primary, 401 Berkshire Ave.
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 6-7 PM | Witte Museum, 3801 Broadway St.
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 | 6-7 PM | Harvey E. Najim Family YMCA, 3122 Roosevelt Ave.
- (SPANISH) Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 10-11 AM | YWLA Primary, 401 Berkshire Ave.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 | 6-7 PM | The DoSeum, 2800 Broadway St.
Choice Bus Tours! Visit the YWLA Primary at Page campus and 3 other Choice elementary schools on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Seats on the bus are FREE but limited, so reserve yours today! RSVP or learn more about the Choice Bus Tours on the Events page.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria