Young Women’s Leadership Academy Primary at Page
The Young Women’s Leadership Academy: Primary is San Antonio’s first public, all-girls, K-5 school with focuses on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math), social-emotional learning, and college preparation. YWLA Primary offers girls an engaging environment wherein they can learn at an accelerated rate, experience hands-on STEAM projects, and cultivate their leadership. Offering kindergarten through second grade in 2020-2021, YWLA Primary will phase in a grade level each year to become a K-5 campus. The campus is open to all girls in Bexar County in eligible grades. Admission for YWLA Primary will be based on a lottery system.
- San Antonio’s first public, all-girls K-5 school
- Accelerated, hands-on, STEAM-focused learning
- Social-emotional learning and college preparation
AVID, Gifted & Talented, Leadership Focus, Social-Emotional Learning, College Preparation • STEAM • Art, Music, Latin • Special Education: PBIS
The Witte Museum, Girl Scouts of South Texas, Young Women’s Preparatory Network, Girls, Inc., YMCA Challenge Program
Arts & Crafts, Piano Club, Robotics, Rock’n’Reading, Theatre Arts
YWLA Primary is hosting Parent Information Sessions at the following locations:
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 | 10-11 AM | YWLA Primary, 401 Berkshire Ave.
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 6-7 PM | Witte Museum, 3801 Broadway St.
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 | 6-7 PM | Harvey E. Najim Family YMCA, 3122 Roosevelt Ave.
- (SPANISH) Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 10-11 AM | YWLA Primary, 401 Berkshire Ave.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 | 6-7 PM | The DoSeum, 2800 Broadway St.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria