Young Men’s Leadership Academy at Wheatley
The Young Men’s Leadership Academy at Wheatley is San Antonio’s first all-boys public school offering a model of education that is backed by research indicating that boys and girls learn differently. YMLA helps boys achieve their highest potential by setting high expectations and emphasizing character, leadership and discipline. Each day begins with a firm handshake and continues with a positive message of encouragement in a daily assembly. Our 21st-century school design fosters dialogue, promotes collaboration and encourages creativity. We build social-emotional awareness through reflective thinking practices and daily meditation sessions. We are preparing today’s learners to become tomorrow’s leaders.
- San Antonio’s first all-boys public school emphasizes character development and leadership skills
- Project-based learning requires students to apply their knowledge to real-world problems, providing hands-on exploration and investigation
- Instruction is tailored to the male learner and delivered in an environment that promotes a strong culture of brotherhood and camaraderie
Advanced Placement (AP), Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages, Latin • Art, Choir, Theatre • Special Education: GEC
Big Brothers, Omega Psi Phi Mentoring, Classical Society
Basketball, Cross Country, Football • ROTC • Karate, Robotics, Chess, Yearbook, Color Guard, Classic Society
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria