St. Philip’s Early College High School
St. Philip’s College Early College High School’s nationally ranked program offers the student who is at-risk or under-represented in college, the chance to earn the Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees for free. Students begin to take college classes during their freshmen year and transition to full-time college students their junior year. As a support to our students, we provide a high school counselor, college bound advisor, and a college liaison. Being situated on a college campus offers our students a true “college-going experience” with computer labs, college bookstore, library, study centers, and a student center with billiard tables, gaming consoles, coffee shop, and a six-lane bowling alley.
- Enables students to earn an Associate of Arts, Associates of Applied Science and/or workforce certification while completing the requirements for their high school diploma at no cost
- Students are housed full-time at St. Philip’s, where they take both high school and college-level classes and have access to the college’s facilities such as the Turbon Student Center
- Opportunity to obtain industry certification in Information Technology or Automotive Technology
Automotive Technician, Culinary Arts, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Nursing (CNA and LVN Certification) • Dual Credit, Pre-AP, Internships in Automotive, Cybersecurity, Culinary and Allied Health Fields • All of our fine arts offering are through St. Philip’s College. Students may participate in the college plays and choir.
Holy Reedemer Church, Jason Deli, Subway, Office Depot
Volleyball, basketball and cheerleading are offered through St. Philip’s or students may return to their home SAISD campus • Students may join any club or organization at St. Philip’s. In addition, we offer a variety of high school clubs based on interests of students and faculty. Clubs recently offered include yearbook, National Honor Society, student government, billiards, gaming, weight-lifting, and media. St. Philip’s ECHS students may return to what would have been their SAISD high school to participate in sports or fine arts at the end of the day.
St. Philip’s is hosting Parent Information Sessions from 5:30-6:30 PM at the Continuing Education Building 4 (Room 105):
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020
*Sessions will be available in English and Spanish.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria