Phoenix Middle College
Phoenix Middle College provides high school students with the opportunity to earn college credit and work toward an industry certification– free of cost to the students and their families– during their last two years of high school. Juniors and seniors in this program take high school and college courses at Alamo College’s St. Philip’s College Southwest Campus, where they spend the full school day. The program aims to give students a jump-start on college and high-paying-in-demand career. Phoenix Middle College includes core high school classes and college courses, Spanish and Edgenuity and a standards-aligned video-based curriculum for secondary blended-learning environments.
- Students spend the full day at St. Philip’s College Southwest Campus
- The program aims to give students a jumpstart on college and a high-paying, in-demand career, including welding, manufacturing, plumbing, electrical, aviation technology, diesel technology, auto collision repair, alternative energy, automotive technology, HVAC technology, information technology, cybersecurity and travel/tourism
Welding • Manufacturing • Plumbing • Electrical • Aviation technology • Diesel technology • Auto collision repair • Alternative energy • Automotive technology • HVAC technology • Information technology • Cyber security • Travel/tourism
Extracurricular programs are offered through the student’s home school
Phoenix Middle College is hosting Parent Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 | 5:00 – 6:30 PM | Room C139
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 | 5:00 – 6:30 PM | Room C139
- Additional December and January dates will be posted soon.
All sessions will be held in the Phoenix Wing of St. Philip’s College – Southwest Campus at 800 Quintana Rd. For details, please contact the school directly at (210) 486-7132.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria