Lanier High School – Construction Science P-TECH
At Sidney Lanier High School, we believe in high expectations with strong student supports, a climate of respect and caring, learning that is rigorous, relevant, and engaging, and a safe and orderly leaning environment with appropriate interventions that meet students’ needs. Our partnership with The University of Texas at San Antonio and St. Philip’s College will provide a unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in advanced coursework, college courses, summer camps, and internship experiences.
- Focus on preparing our students with necessary skills, certifications, and industry-specific training necessary that leads to a high-wage, high-demand career
- Advanced and rigorous curriculum in all core subjects with a focus on career opportunities in Construction Technology, Construction Science and Management, or Power Generation and Alternative Energy.
- Students receive hands-on lessons and participate in educational visits to industry and higher education partners
- Students complete work-based training through internships, apprenticeships, or other job training programs
- Dual-credit opportunities with St. Philip’s College and the University of Texas at San Antonio to earn 60+ Dual Credit hours before completion of their high school diploma.
- Students network and compete locally and nationally in SkillsUSA events.
Architectural Design, Automotive Technology, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction Technology, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Cybersecurity, Digital & Multimedia Arts, Education & Training, Health Science, Law Enforcement, Power Generation & Alternative Energy (Engineering Design) • Advanced Placement (AP), Pre-AP, AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Dual Language, ESOL, Special Education: ACE • Art, Band, Choir, Dance, Mariachi, Orchestra, Theatre, World Languages
Communities in Schools, City Year, Ernst & Young College MAP, UT Outreach, Good Samaritan, Culinary Institute of America, UTSA College of Architecture, Construction and Planning
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Track, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Academic Decathlon, Academic UIL, ACE Mentor Program, Art Club, Digital Production, Yearbook, Gamma Sigma, Lacrosse Club, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society, Peer Court, Police Explorers, Public Forum and Debate, SkillsUSA, Student Council, Theatre Production
District Info Sessions:
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
Lanier High School is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. Contact the school directly with any questions. Use this Zoom link to join any session below.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 | 6-7 PM
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 | 6-7 PM
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 | 6-7 PM
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021 | 6-7 PM
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 | 4:30-5:30 PM *Spanish interpretation will be available at this session.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 | 6-7 PM *Spanish interpretation will be available at this session.
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 | 4:30-5:30 PM
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 | 6-7 PM