Jefferson High School – IB Diploma Programme Pathway
Thomas Jefferson IB World High School has become one of the newest members of an ever growing global community of 5,027 schools offering the International Baccalaureate in 147 different countries. Jefferson has chosen to join this growing international community as IB has a positive impact on students, schools and their wider communities with learning going well beyond the classroom. Its unique and innovative approach to learning means both students and teachers are genuinely engaged with the programs and benefit from being a part of an unparalleled global network. Students are able to participate in international conferences and educators work with their peers internationally to ensure that the IB remains at the cutting edge of international education.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme and the Middle Years Programme
- IB framework encourages students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level
- AVID National Demonstration School promoting a strong college-going culture through the development of study skills, time management, and organization
International Baccalaureate (IB) • Animation, Architecture Design, Audio & Video Production, Graphic Design & Illustration, Health Science, Horticulture Science, Law Enforcement • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Music, Orchestra, Theatre • Special Education: ACE, BCM, BSC, PBIS
Big Brothers Big Sisters, Communities in Schools
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Track, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • PALs, Photography Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Gamma Sigma Girls, Hayne Society, MJRs, Mustang Cinema Club
District Info Sessions:
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
Jefferson High School is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. All sessions will have Spanish interpretation available. Contact the school directly with any questions. Zoom links will be posted the day of each session on the Jefferson High School website.
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 6-7:15 PM
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 | 6-7:15 PM
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 | 6-7:15 PM