Edison High School – Health Professions
At Edison High School, we believe that every student is capable of achieving at high levels, and we provide rigor across a variety of programs to ensure that students are being challenged in their area of interest. We provide a unique learning opportunity for students through our endorsements of business & industry, public service (law, fire, teaching), STEM, health professions, and multidisciplinary studies. These endorsements are organized into three smaller learning communities that has their own administrator, counselor, and team of teachers. In our Health Professions Magnet Program, students can choose between a certification as a dental assistant, pharmacy technician, emergency medical technician, or certified nursing assistant.
- Career opportunities in the health industry and opportunity to earn an endorsement in either Public Service or STEM
- Clinical Observation opportunities for all fields through Metropolitan Hospital, San Antonio Christian Dental, St. Francis Nursing Facility, San Antonio area fire departments, and various pharmacies
- Certifications offered: Certified Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Dental Assistant, EKG/Monitor Technician and Fire Fighter Certification
Culinary Arts, Education and Training, Firefighter, Health Science, Law Enforcement, Marketing and Entrepreneurship • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Theatre • Special Education: ACE, PBIS
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Academic UIL/Decathlon, Drama Club, Dance, Cheer, Robotics, Engineering Club, NHS, Math Club, Environmental Club, Student Council, Police Explorers, Gamma Sigma Girls
Edison High School is hosting Parent Information Sessions at the school:
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Saturday, November 16, 2019 | Information Session & School Fair with Tours (TENTATIVE)
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
*For more information, please contact Deborah Ramirez at (210) 738-9720 ext. 33035.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria