CAST Tech High School
APPLY TO CAST TECH HIGH SCHOOL!
At CAST Tech High School, we believe all students are capable of high levels of academic achievement. The curriculum at CAST Tech embeds business and technology across the contents with specialized course pathways in business, technology and user experience (UX). The faculty creates real-world context during the learning process through project-based learning units. Students interact regularly with industry partners to promote relevance to learning via mentoring, job shadowing and internships. Every student has the opportunity to take AP and dual-credit course, as well as earn industry-based certifications in the areas of technology and/or business.
- Implements personalized and project-based learning to provide students with customized, real-world experiences
- Some features of the unique program include flexible schedules, hands-on projects and real world problems to solve, as well as job shadowing, mentorships, internships and job opportunities upon graduation
- College coursework is embedded in the program, and students can graduate with an associate’s degree, industry certifications and portfolios that feature long-term projects and other examples of their work
Business Information Management, Graphic Design & Illustration, IT – Computer Science and Programming, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Marketing and Entrepreneurship • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Band, Mariachi, Theatre • Special Education: PBIS
Communities in Schools, Girls Inc., She Code Connect, Say Si, SAPL, Summer of Service (SOS), AT&T, City of San Antonio, Frost Bank, Geekdom, HEB, Jungle Disk, Rackspace, Tech Bloc, University Health System, USAA, Whataburger
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Dance • Yearbook Committee, Student Council, Crochet Club, Makerspace, Cyberpatriots, Diversity Club, Sports Club, E-Gaming Club, MUNSA, Outdoor Adventure Club, Unity Club, National Honor Society
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to email@example.com. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
The CAST schools network is hosting CAST BASH, a virtual Parent Information Session for families of incoming 9th graders. Spanish interpretation may be available. Contact the school directly with any questions. Use this link to register for the virtual event.
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 | 6 PM
CAST Tech High School is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. All sessions will have Spanish interpretation available. Contact the school directly with any questions.
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 12 PM
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 | 12 PM
- Monday, December 14, 2020 | 5:30 PM
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 | 12PM
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021 | 5:30PM
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 | 12PM