CAST Med High School
APPLY TO CAST MED HIGH SCHOOL!
CAST Med adds to the pipeline of much-needed doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, and researchers in the San Antonio area. CAST Med builds on San Antonio’s unique strengths and current educational gaps with an emphasis on medicine and biomedical research. UT Health, with its research expertise and growing focus on population health and health disparities, is a key partner helping design a path for students wishing to improve the health of our community. CAST Med will incorporate a three-way educational partnership between UT Health, the University of Texas at San Antonio, and San Antonio ISD.
- Students will follow one of three pathways: Biomedical Research, Medical Professionals or Public Health Professionals
- The intent of CAST Med High School is to provide high school students a strong foundation, especially in mathematics and science, so that they can be successful once they enroll in college and achieve their medical career aspirations. College coursework will be embedded in classroom curriculum, allowing students to graduate with a high school diploma and a minimum of 30 hours of college coursework
- Students also will have the opportunity to learn from industry partners and gain real-world experience through extracurricular study groups, summer enrichment programs, job shadowing, mentorships, internships, volunteer experiences, and clinical and research opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Health Science • Special Education: PBIS
The University of Texas at San Antonio, UT Health San Antonio, Alamo Colleges, Bexar County Medical Society, Brooks, Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Choice Program Specialization: Medicine, CHRISTUS Health, Mission Trail Baptist Hospital, University Health System
Lacrosse Team Sport • Math, Science, Spanish, Chess, Student Government, Gardening, National Honor Society, Drama, Reading/Book Club
District Info Sessions:
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
CAST Med High School is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. Contact the school directly with any questions. Use the Zoom links below to join a session.
Sessions in English:
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 | 4:30-5:30 PM | Use this Zoom link to join | passcode: 595843
- Tuesday, December 10, 2020 | 4:30-5:30 PM | Use this Zoom link to join | passcode: 956720
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 | 4:30-5:30 PM | Use this Zoom link to join | passcode: 184274
Sesiones en español:
- Martes, 12 enero, 2021 | 5:30-6:30 PM | Use este enlace de Zoom para participar | passcode: 318533