CAST Medical High School
Still in development, CAST Med will add to the pipeline of much-needed doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, and researchers in the San Antonio area. CAST Med builds on San Antonio’s unique strengths and current educational gaps with an emphasis on medicine and biomedical research. UT Health, with its research expertise and growing focus on population health and health disparities, is a key partner helping design a path for students wishing to improve the health of our community. CAST Med will incorporate a three-way educational partnership between UT Health, the University of Texas at San Antonio, and San Antonio ISD.
- Students will follow one of three pathways: Biomedical Research, Medical Professionals or Public Health Professionals
- The intent of CAST Med High School is to provide high school students a strong foundation, especially in mathematics and science, so that they can be successful once they enroll in college and achieve their medical career aspirations. College coursework will be embedded in classroom curriculum, allowing students to graduate with a high school diploma and a minimum of 30 hours of college coursework
- Students also will have the opportunity to learn from industry partners and gain real-world experience through extracurricular study groups, summer enrichment programs, job shadowing, mentorships, internships, volunteer experiences, and clinical and research opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Health Science • Special Education: PBIS
The University of Texas at San Antonio, UT Health San Antonio, Alamo Colleges, Bexar County Medical Society, Brooks, Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Choice Program Specialization: Medicine, CHRISTUS Health, Mission Trail Baptist Hospital, University Health System
Lacrosse Team Sport • Math, Science, Spanish, Chess, Student Government, Gardening, National Honor Society, Drama, Reading/Book Club
CAST Med High School is hosting the following information sessions at the school:
- CAMPUS TOURS FOR PARENTS
- Monday, December 16, 2019 | 4:30 – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019 | 4:30 – 5:30 PM
- INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Monday, January 13, 2020 | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Choice Bus Tours! Visit the CAST Med campus and 3 other Choice high schools on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Seats on the bus are FREE but limited, so reserve yours today! RSVP or learn more about the Choice Bus Tours on the Events page.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria