Brackenridge High School – Media & Film Magnet
At Brackenridge High School, recipient of four distinctions from TEA, we believe that all students deserve a high-quality education in a positive learning environment that is rich in a 100 year tradition of excellence. We prepare students for college and real-world professional experiences. Students learn from highly-qualified, caring professionals and master teachers who are dedicated to helping students achieve their full potential. Our students explore careers in animation, printing, graphic design and audio-video production. Early College students work for an associate’s degree through St. Philip’s College engaging in a high school and college experience all at once. Our Dual Language Academy provides students the opportunity to be Bi-literate, Bilingual, Bi-cultural – all at Brackenridge.
- Focus on career opportunities in Media Production, Animation/Game Design and Graphic Design under the Business and Industry endorsement
- Career courses closely align to related programs at St. Philip’s College San Antonio College
- Provides opportunities for practical application through internships with local news outlets and coverage of district events such as graduations and sports matches
Animation • Audio & Video Production • Business Information • Management • Cosmetology • Culinary Arts • Education and Training • Graphic Design & Illustration • Health Science • IT – Computer Science and Programming • IT – Computer/Network Technician • Law Enforcement • Marketing and Entrepreneurship • Printing & Imaging Technology • Advanced Placement (AP) • AVID • Dual Credit • Gifted & Talented • Pre-AP • Early College High School – ECHS specialized school • Art • Band • Cheer • Choir • Dance • Mariachi • Music • Orchestra • Theatre • Dual Credit Music electives • Dual Language Academy Cohort • Special Education: ACE, BCM, PBIS, Co-teach model
Big Brothers-Big Sisters • Cafe College • Alumni Association • San Antonio Education Partnership • Trinity Advisor
Aquatics • Basketball • Cross Country • Football • Golf • Soccer • Tennis • Volleyball • ROTC • Student Council • NHS • Academic UIL • Academic Decathlon • Speech/Debate Team • Animation Club • Girl Scouts/GAMMA SIGMA • DECA • CyberPatriots • Drama Club • Spanish Club • Yearbook • Pep Squad • Chess Club • Class Officers • Explorers • SkillsUSA • HOSA
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria