Nestled in the heart of Southtown, Bonham Academy was founded in 1893. This unique school maintains a strong history of family and community involvement. Our small school is a safe environment for students to explore their interests. With a focus on our three pillars: language, fine arts, and science, our school is committed to ensuring all of our students have the opportunities they deserve. As a neighborhood school, we serve students primarily from King William and Lavaca. We have the opportunity to also serve students outside of our attendance zone. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your familias.
- Focused on dual language, fine arts, and science to bring together students, teachers, parents and the community in order to empower its members to be culturally literate and innovative global learners and leaders
- Dual-language immersion school promotes English and Spanish and school activities cultivate lifelong appreciation and respect for art, culture and the environment
- Outdoor learning opportunities include school’s gardens and National Wildlife Habitat for the monarch butterfly
Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Art, Band, Choir, Music, Theatre • Bilingual Education/Dual Language • Special Education: PBIS
The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Anto Cultural Arts, San Antonio Youth Literacy, ReWorks SA, HEB, RBFCU, Jefferson Bank, Girls’ Inc., SNIPSA, Guide Dogs of Texas Inc., Whataburger, San Antonio Public Library, Bibliotech
Academy Sports • Robotics, Chess Club, Art History, Philosophy Club, Opera Club, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Nepohualtzitzin Club, Travel Society, Bountiful Bonham
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria