Advanced Learning Academy
The Advanced Learning Academy is a place that lifts the ceiling on learning for all members of the educational community, including students, teachers, families and community. We provide 21st century learning opportunities within a caring and open environment. Our partnership with Trinity University Education allows for the facilitation of curriculum design between the faculty assigned to our school, our school leadership team and SAISD curriculum leaders. We foster a depth of thinking through problem-solving, creative design and real-world applications as students develop deep content knowledge and cutting-edge learning skills to prepare them for any and all futures that they can envision.
- Designed for students with the desire for creative, academic challenges
- Self-regulated schedule gives students more time to work on multiple subjects
- Trinity University learning laboratory for aspiring teachers and leaders
Advanced Placement (AP), Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Makerspace • Art, Band, Dance, Mariachi, Music, Theatre
Gemini Ink, Wolf Trap, Google Fiber, YMCA, Texas A&M San Antonio, Witte Museum, San Antonio Museum of Art, Mitchell Lake, Briscoe Art Museum, Curiosity Club, SAWS, San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio River Authority, DoSeum, Kingdom for Kids, City Year, Esparanza, Art Pace, San Antonio Public Library, Bibliotech
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball • PreK-3rd: Little Chefs, Lego Club,Chess, Coding for Beginners, Chicken Coop Care, Tennis, Zumba, ArchKids and Design, Green Club, Chime Choir, Broadcast Journalism, Gardening, Newspaper and Social Justice, Stop Motion Video Club, Technology Response Team, UIL Creative Writing and Story Telling • 4th-12th: ArchKids, Geography Club, Origami Club, P7, Student Governing Board, SA BEST Robotics Team, GSA – Gender and Sexualities Alliance, Academic Decathlon, La Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica, High School UIL Academics
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria