Sam Houston High School – CyberSecurity P-TECH
We at Sam Houston High School believe and are committed to building positive relationships, implementing high-quality education, and encompassing our students with committed and caring adults to ensure success upon graduation. All our students are equipped to succeed personally and professionally to become contributing members of society. We will strive to create an atmosphere of independent learning that involves students taking ownership of their learning and teachers creating the spaces for collaboration, creativity, and authentic learning.
- Focus on preparing students with the skills, credentials, and industry-specific associate’s degree necessary for high-wage, high-demand careers in cybersecurity
- Under the four- to six-year model, students will be able to earn a high school diploma, an associate degree, a two-year post-secondary certificate or industry certification, and complete work-based training through internships, apprenticeships or other job-training programs
- Through St. Philip’s, Cyber P-TECH students will have the opportunity to earn an Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology CybersSecurity Specialist degree
Audio & Video Production, Business Information Management, Construction Technology, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Engineering Design, Health Science, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Law Enforcement • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages, American Sign Language • Art, Band, Choir, Music, Theatre • Special Education: ACE • Pathways in Early College High School (P-TECH) with focus on Cyber Security
Omega Psi Phi, Communities in Schools, City Year, Big Brothers Big Sisters
Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Chess, Youth in Government, Academic Decathlon
Sam Houston High School is hosting Parent Information Sessions from 5-6 PM in the school cafeteria:
- Thursday, November 14. 2019
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Monday, February 10, 2020
- Monday, March 2, 2020
Choice Bus Tours! Visit the Sam Houston High School campus and 3 other Choice high schools on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Seats on the bus are FREE but limited, so reserve yours today! RSVP or learn more about the Choice Bus Tours on the Events page.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria