M. L. King Academy for Arts Integration
At M. L. K. Academy for Arts Integration, we believe all students have the ability to be well-rounded individuals. Exploration, questioning, hands-on learning, and creativity are the core of academic mastery in all grade levels. We have a focus on arts integration throughout our curriculum to enhance student engagement and allow student expression and creativity. Arts integration provides multiple ways for students to make sense of what they learn (construct understanding) and make their learning visible (demonstrate understanding). In addition, we believe partnerships between community members and the school develop the social-emotional skills of the students while supporting their academic needs.
- Instruction emphasizes integration of the arts throughout curriculum
- Exploration, questioning, hands-on learning, creativity
- Community partnerships promote learning through investigation and real-world experiences
Gifted & Talented • Art, Band, Theatre Arts, Dance • American Sign Language • Special Education: ACE
Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Girls Inc., Communities in Schools, IconTalks, Texas A&M – San Antonio, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Tobin Center for Performing Arts, Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio
Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball • Scrabble Club, Newspaper Club, Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS), Book Club, Student Council, Pep Squad
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria