Lamar Elementary School
At Lamar Elementary, we believe that every student can achieve whatever they set their heart and mind to, and it is our responsibility to position them for success in school and in life. We provide students with a rounded educational experience focused on developing the social, emotional, and academic skills of every child. Our staff believes that is our mission to meet the varied and unique needs of every child every day. Our class curriculum focuses on project-based learning, social-emotional learning, bilingual education/dual language (starting in kindergarten), and an extended school year. These programs develop the belief that we cannot just teach curriculum at our school, we must customize a school experience for all students.
- Civic engagement and social-emotional learning focus with a dual-language program
- Project-based learning through an extended school year in partnership with local institutions such as the San Antonio Museum of Art
- Trinity University professional development laboratory school
Adjusted Calendar • Gifted & Talented • Art, Band, Choir, Music • Bilingual Education/Dual Language • Special Education: ACE, PBIS
First Baptist Church, Grace Fellowship, Snack Packs, Witte Museum, Botanical Garden, DoSeum, San Antonio Museum of Art
Robotics, Coding, Gardening, Arts, UIL
Lamar Elementary is hosting Parent Information Sessions at the school:
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 | 10-11AM | Families can learn about the school, take a tour, and then visit Lamar’s Fall Carnival!
- Monday, November 4, 2019 | 5:30-6:30 PM | Families can learn about the school and take a tour.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria