Highlands High School – Engineering Magnet
When students walk through the doors of Highlands High School, they enter a community that blends 60 years of tradition and pride with a new $65 million facility. We offer more than 30 extra-curricular activities for student involvement. Our Engineering Institute Choice Program aims to inspire and prepare scholars in engineering and computer science with enhanced curriculum, extracurricular opportunities and professional certifications. Through partnerships, Highlands provides students with professional mentors and activities that align with real-world career skills, such as the Frost Bank Financial Youth Academy and the Architecture, Construction, and Engineering (ACE) Mentor Program. The Mighty Owls invite you to become part of our legacy.
- Focus on career opportunities in Engineering, Networking, and Computer Science (Project Lead the Way) under the STEM endorsement
- Engineering – Engineering design, Robotics, Auto CAD and SolidWorks Certifications, ACE Mentor Program for Architecture, Construction, and Engineering
- Computer Science – Dual Enrollment Computer Science Course (college credit with UT Austin), AP Computer Science A with industry mentors, FIRST Robotics Club $10,000 grant from 3M
- Networking & Info Tech – Computer maintenance, Networking, Cybersecurity, Cyber Patriot Teams, CompTIA Certifications
Agriculture Mechanics, Architecture Design, Business Information Management, Culinary Arts, Education and Training, Engineering Design, Health Science, Horticulture Science, IT – Computer Science and Programming, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Law Enforcement, Marketing and Entrepreneurship • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, OnRamps Dual Enrollment with UT Austin • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Music, Orchestra, Theatre, Tech Theatre • Special Education: ACE, PBIS
Communities in Schools, Upward Bound Math and Science Program, Project Stay, UT Outreach San Antonio, TEALS Computer Science Mentors
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, Wrestling, Track, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Academic Decathlon, ACE Architecture, Construction, & Engineering Mentor Program, Art Club, Book Club, Brigade Dance Team, Business Professionals of American and School Store, Chess Club, Class Leadership & Student Council, Cyber Patriot, DECA, FFA Future Farmers of America, Gamma Sigma (Girl Scouts), Go Green Environmental Club, Language Club, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honors Club, National Honor Society, FIRST Robotics Club, Yearbook, TAFE Texas Association of Future Educators
Highlands High School is hosting Parent Information Sessions at the school.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 | 5-7 PM | Highlands High School Main Lobby and Library *This is the Highlands High School Showcase featuring academics, student activities, STEM programs, and more!
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 | 5-7 PM | Highlands High School Library
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 | 5-7 PM | Highlands High School Library
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria