At Hawthorne Academy, we have used research, community input, and a history of successful initiatives to develop a school model that will lead us to our ultimate goals – an exemplary education for all of our students and expanded opportunities for all members of the Hawthorne community. We provide students with a K-8 curriculum that includes a variety of extracurricular offerings. Our goal is to ensure that our students leave us with a resilient foundation that includes resources, abilities, and inspiration to overcome obstacles, fulfill obligations, and to not only achieve, but surpass their expectations.
- Award-winning visual and performing arts program
- Character education promotes citizenship, ethics, and responsibility
- Core Knowledge curriculum filled with objectives designed to build students’ problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Advanced Placement (AP), Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Art, Choir, Music, Theatre • Special Education: PBIS
Big Brothers/Big Sisters, YMCA of San Antonio, ACE
Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball • Coding Club, Green Club, Lunch Bunch Book Club, Girl Scouts, Band, Mariachi, Theater Arts, Visual Arts, Athletics (Boys/Girls), UIL (elementary/middle school)
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria