Gates Elementary School is a student-centered neighborhood school focused on building a love for learning. We continue to reach, strive, and grow daily. At Gates, we believe in implementing data-based instructional strategies. Our English language arts program is a balanced literacy program that encompasses guided reading, writing, phonemic awareness, and self-selected reading. Our literacy initiative for grades PK-3 enables direct, guided and differentiated instruction. Additionally, we are proud to offer a comprehensive and hands-on math program. The extracurricular activities offered at Gates motivate our students to grow into productive members of society. Our school educates all students, providing special education and gifted and talented services to eligible students.
- Literacy initiative with direct, guided instruction for grades PK-3
- Comprehensive, hands-on math program.
- Special education and gifted & talented services
Gifted & Talented • Special Education: ACE, PBIS
NAACP Women, Reach Ministry, Gospel 1480 Radio Station, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Mittman Street Diner, Mr. and Mr.s G’s, HEB, Taco Cabana, Whataburger, AT&T Center, Spurs Foundation, Starlight Baptist Church, Starbucks, Boys and Girls Club of San Antonio
Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS) • Choir • Book Club
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria