Davis Middle School
The S.J. Davis Middle School, chances are we may know you. And your mother and father. And we would love to know your child because, as a pillar of the East Side, we’ve educated generations of family members. We focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education as a means of elevating and empowering your child, your family, and our community as a whole. Every child has what it takes to rise to great levels, and we work with parents and community partners to make that happen.
- Development of personal and community responsibility
- STEM, Social-Emotional, and Project-Based Learning
- Innovation, elevation, and empowerment of students
IT – Computer Science and Programming, Career Investigation, Tech Apps • Gifted & Talented, Middle School Partners, Pre-AP, STEM, Algebra I and Principles of Information Technology (for high school credit) • Art, Band, Cheer, Choir, Theatre • English as a Second Language • Social-Emotional Learning, AVID
Big Brothers Big Sisters (mentoring), Communities in Schools (referral to educational and community-based resources), City Year (attendance mentoring, one-on-one tutoring, and social-emotional support), Boys and Girls Club of San Antonio (Extended Day provider)
Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Pep Squad, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Volleyball • LOTC • UIL, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Book Club, Art Club, Choir, Band, Theatre
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria