CAST Tech High School
At CAST Tech High School, we believe all students are capable of high levels of academic achievement. The curriculum at CAST Tech embeds business and technology across the contents with specialized course pathways in business, technology and user experience (UX). The faculty creates real-world context during the learning process through project-based learning units. Students interact regularly with industry partners to promote relevance to learning via mentoring, job shadowing and internships. Every student has the opportunity to take AP and dual-credit course, as well as earn industry-based certifications in the areas of technology and/or business.
- Implements personalized and project-based learning to provide students with customized, real-world experiences
- Some features of the unique program include flexible schedules, hands-on projects and real world problems to solve, as well as job shadowing, mentorships, internships and job opportunities upon graduation
- College coursework is embedded in the program, and students can graduate with an associate’s degree, industry certifications and portfolios that feature long-term projects and other examples of their work
Business Information Management, Graphic Design & Illustration, IT – Computer Science and Programming, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Marketing and Entrepreneurship • Advanced Placement (AP), AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Band, Choir, Mariachi, Music, Theatre • Special Education: PBIS
Communities in Schools, Girls Inc., She Code Connect, Say Si, SAPL, Summer of Service (SOS), AT&T, City of San Antonio, Frost Bank, Geekdom, HEB, Jungle Disk, Rackspace, Tech Bloc, University Health System, USAA, Whataburger
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Dance • Yearbook Committee, Student Council, Crochet Club, Makerspace, Cyberpatriots, Diversity Club, Sports Club, E-Gaming Club, MUNSA, Outdoor Adventure Club, Unity Club, National Honor Society
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria