Burbank High School – IB Diploma Programme Pathway
At Burbank IB World High School, we believe in developing lifelong learners who are able to communicate their ideas in a knowledgeable and reflective way that encourages creativity, open-mindedness and principled behaviors in our global society. We provide students with this unique environment through our campus pathways and magnet preparatory program, International Baccalaureate (IB). As an IB World School for the Diploma Programme, and a candidate for the Middle Years Programme, students have the opportunity to earn a minimum 24 hours of college credit to any publicly funded university or college in the state of Texas. Students may also earn college credit through a variety of AP and dual credit offerings. Our industry certifications and licenses, as well as our internships provide an opportunity for our students to network and be work ready upon graduation.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the IB Diploma Programme and the Middle Years Programme
- Students start by taking a mix of IB-prep and AP courses in their freshman and sophomore year and then move onto IB courses during their last two years
- Curriculum encourages students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level
International Baccalaureate (IB) • Agriculture Mechanics, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Health Science, Horticulture Science, Law Enforcement, Veterinary Science, Business Information Management – IT • Advanced Placement (AP), Dual Credit, Pre- IB, AVID, Gifted and Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Orchestra, Theatre • ESL • Special Education: ACE, PBIS, BCM
San Antonio Education Partnership, Upward Bound, Trinity Advertising, Café College, Palo Alto, Project Stay
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Wrestling, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Chess Club, Best Buddies, Interact Club, NHS, International Mindedness, Art Club, Society of Christian Athletes, Gamma Sigma
District Info Sessions:
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to email@example.com. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
Burbank High School is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. Contact the school directly with any questions. Use this Zoom link to join any session below | passcode: BHS910
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 | 5:30 PM *Spanish interpretation available at this session.
- Saturday, November 14, 2020 | 10:30 AM
- Tuesday, December 8, 2021 | 5:30 PM