Burbank IB World High School — IB Diploma Programme
At Burbank IB World High School, we believe in developing lifelong learners who are able to communicate their ideas in a knowledgeable and reflective way that encourages creativity, open-mindedness and principled behaviors in our global society. We provide students with this unique environment through our campus pathways and magnet preparatory program, International Baccalaureate (IB). As an IB World School for the Diploma Programme, and a candidate for the Middle Years Programme, students have the opportunity to earn a minimum 24 hours of college credit to any publicly funded university or college in the state of Texas. Students may also earn college credit through a variety of AP and dual credit offerings. Our industry certifications and licenses, as well as our internships provide an opportunity for our students to network and be work ready upon graduation.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the IB Diploma Programme and the Middle Years Programme
- Students start by taking a mix of IB-prep and AP courses in their freshman and sophomore year and then move onto IB courses during their last two years
- Curriculum encourages students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level
International Baccalaureate (IB) • Agriculture Mechanics, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Health Science, Horticulture Science, Law Enforcement, Veterinary Science, Business Information Management – IT • Advanced Placement (AP), Dual Credit, Pre- IB, AVID, Gifted and Talented, Pre-AP, World Languages • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Orchestra, Theatre • ESL • Special Education: ACE, PBIS, BCM
San Antonio Education Partnership, Upward Bound, Trinity Advertising, Café College, Palo Alto, Project Stay
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Wrestling, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Chess Club, Best Buddies, Interact Club, NHS, International Mindedness, Art Club, Society of Christian Athletes, Gamma Sigma
Choice Bus Tours! Visit the Burbank IB World High School campus and 3 other Choice high schools on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Seats on the bus are FREE but limited, so reserve yours today! RSVP or learn more about the Choice Bus Tours on the Events page.
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria