Briscoe Elementary School
At Briscoe Elementary School, we believe it is necessary to provide students with the tools and opportunities to take ownership of their learning and be contributors to the community and the world. It is imperative to develop intellectual thinkers who are academically successful and internationally minded. We provide students with authentic learning experiences that challenge students to become thinkers, inquirers, and reflective. As an IB World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Briscoe prepares students seeking an International Baccalaureate education from elementary through high school. Following Briscoe, students may continue an IB education at Harris Middle School and Burbank High School.
- International Baccalaureate candidate school for the Primary Years Programme
- Accelerated academics
- Prepares students seeking enrollment into the International Baccalaureate Institute at Burbank High School
International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme candidate, Gifted & Talented • Spanish • Art, Choir, Music • Bilingual Education/Dual Language • Special Education: PBIS, PPCD
Communities in Schools, S.M.A.R.T, Ft. Sam Houston Medical Battalion, Hill Country Bakery, First Baptist Church – Briscoe Buddies, San Antonio Museum of Art, The McNay, The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio Youth Literacy (SAYL), Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio, Mays Center
Art Club, Crochet Club, Garden Club, Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS), Student Safety Patrols, iPlay, and UIL
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria