At Barkley-Ruiz Elementary, we believe we must teach students in the way that they learn best. Our school’s primary focus is to identify learning-style preferences of each student in an effort to best meet their individual needs. Our teachers have attended the Ron Clark Academy and model their philosophy, where every employee is “…committed to fostering a dynamic, passionate learning environment where every child is valued, challenged, loved, and nurtured.” Our Master Teachers service at-risk students while also mentoring peers to assure fidelity to best instructional practices.
- Project-based learning and Constructivism model
- Students take star role in learning; teacher serves as guide
- Collaboration, problem-solving, reflection, sharing understanding
Gifted & Talented, Project-Based Learning • Sixth-grade electives: Choir, Art • Band • Special Education: ACE, PBIS, SOLE
Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio, Mini-GEMS
Bluebonnet, Step Club, G.T., Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS), Mini-GEMS, Student Safety Patrols, Yearbook
District Info Sessions:
San Antonio ISD is hosting the following virtual Live Q&A sessions on the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Facebook page. Questions may be sent ahead of time by direct message through the Facebook page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be able to post questions directly to the live chat during the Q&A session. Families are invited to view the informational video posted each morning prior to the session. For more information, visit the SAISD Choice Schools & Programs Events page on Facebook here.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 5 PM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 | 5 PM
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 5 PM
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 | 5 PM
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 | 10 AM
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 10 AM
School Info Sessions:
Barkley-Ruíz Elementary is hosting the following virtual Parent Information Sessions. Contact the school directly with any questions. Use this Zoom link to join any session below | passcode: Barkley
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 | 5:30 PM
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 | 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 | 5:30 PM *Spanish interpretation available at this session.
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 | 5:30 PM