At Barkley-Ruiz Elementary, we believe we must teach students in the way that they learn best. Our school’s primary focus is to identify learning-style preferences of each student in an effort to best meet their individual needs. Our teachers have attended the Ron Clark Academy and model their philosophy, where every employee is “…committed to fostering a dynamic, passionate learning environment where every child is valued, challenged, loved, and nurtured.” Our Master Teachers service at-risk students while also mentoring peers to assure fidelity to best instructional practices.
- Project-based learning and Constructivism model
- Students take star role in learning; teacher serves as guide
- Collaboration, problem-solving, reflection, sharing understanding
Gifted & Talented, Project-Based Learning • Sixth-grade electives: Choir, Art • Band • Special Education: ACE, PBIS, SOLE
Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio, Mini-GEMS
Bluebonnet, Step Club, G.T., Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS), Mini-GEMS, Student Safety Patrols, Yearbook
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria