Lanier High School – Automotive Technology Magnet
At Sidney Lanier High School, we believe in high expectations with strong student supports, a climate of respect and caring, learning that is rigorous, relevant, and engaging, and a safe and orderly leaning environment with appropriate interventions that meet students’ needs. Our partnership with The University of Texas at San Antonio and the ACE Advanced Academy provide a unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in advanced coursework, college courses, summer camps, and internship experiences. Additionally, students can explore career options through a number of designated pathways.
- Advanced and rigorous curriculum in all core subjects with a focus on career opportunities in one of four different strands or “majors” to choose from: Automotive Technology (under the Business & Industry endorsement), and Architecture, Construction, Engineering (under the STEM endorsement).
- Bond 2010 provided state-of-the-art facilities and learning laboratories, including industry-standard automotive and construction spaces
- Students network and compete locally and nationally in SkillsUSA events
Architecture Design, Automotive Technology, Business Information Management, Construction Management, Construction Technology, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Education & Training, Engineering Design, Health Science, IT – Computer Science and Programming, IT – Computer/Network Technician, Law Enforcement, Marketing & Entrepreneurship, Printing & Imaging Technology • Advanced Placement (AP), Pre-AP, AVID, Dual Credit, Gifted & Talented, World Languages • Art, Band, Choir, Mariachi, Music, Orchestra, Theatre • ESOL • Special Education: ACE
Communities in Schools, Ernst & Young College Map, UT Outreach, St. Mary’s Law School, City Year, UTSA College of Architecture, Construction and Planning, Girl Scouts of America, Children’s Bereavement Center, Culinary Institute of America
Aquatics, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Track, Cheer, Dance • JROTC • Academic Decathlon, Academic UIL, ACE Mentor Program, Art Club, Digital Production, Yearbook, Gamma Sigma, Lacrosse Club, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society, Peer Court, Police Explorers, Public Forum and Debate, SkillsUSA, Student Council, Theatre Production
The District is hosting Choice Information Sessions. Parents, come learn about the Choice Application Process and how to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Light refreshments will be served, and Spanish interpretation will be available. No RSVP is necessary. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burbank High School Testing Center
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | 9-10 AM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria
- Monday, April 27, 2020 | 5-6 PM | Burnet Learning Center Cafeteria